Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Birthday Girl!

Today my baby girl is 6 years old! She got lucky as it turned out to be a non-uniform day at school. She picked out one of her new outfits from Aunt Tiffy to wear along with her new necklace and bracelet from Gigi. I had to get her braids "just right" this morning, which only took me 3 tries (first ones too low, second ones too high, third ones just right). Last night I wrote a birthday message to her on the easel in the girls' bedroom and tied her birthday balloons to it so she would see it when she woke up. I got a picture with my camera that I will have to post. She opened two gifts in bed, a soft Jack Terrier webkinz from me that she's named "Jackles" and a small Princess and Popstar fairy from Jenna. Jeremy had to leave for work before she got up so he called her this morning to wish her happy birthday. Jenna made her waffles for breakfast at her request and she took her cupcakes to school today that I made on my lunch hour yesterday and Gigi frosted for us yesterday afternoon. We thought she had her first ball game tonight but it turns out it isn't until Thursday. She's been asking for weeks to go to Wooden Nickel for her birthday, so that is what we'll do tonight, followed up by more cake and getting to actually blow out her candles since it was too windy at her party!

Six Years Old


I am going to try to "interview" the kids every year on their birthdays now. I started with Julia this weekend; she had a hard time choosing a "favorite" in several categories so most of the time she gave me two or three answers:

Favorite Color: Purple and Light Blue
Favorite Movie: Princess and the Popstar, Hannah Montana, and the Incredibles (She also loves the Notebook, her favorite line being "Aww Mama I'm comin'!!" and she's also been watching a lot of The Parent Trap lately. Oh also, she LOVES New Years Eve).
Favorite Song: "Tattoos on This Town" by Jason Aldean, "Home" by Phillip Phllips, "Here I Am" & "Look How High We Can Fly" from Princess & the Popstar
Favorite Book: The Very Hungry Caterpillar and "Laura and Mary" (Little House on the Prairie)
Favorite Toy: Dora, Woodsies, and Princess & the Popstar
Best Friend: Sophia and Jenna
Favorite Sport: Softball and Soccer
Favorite Dinner: Thanksgiving and Christmas
Favorite Place to Go: Chuck E. Cheese and Bonkers
Best Part of School: Math and Science
Likes to do with her Family: Celebrate Jesus' birthday
Makes her happy: Mama
Makes her sad: "One time last summer when Jenna forgot I was outside and locked me out." (I did not know about this; she said it was when Gina was here. I'm surprised she didn't mention the time that Gigi dropped her off at our house, thinking we were home as my vehicle was there when in reality Tiffy, Melissa, Jared and I walked to Wal-Mart and Jeremy had apparently left and only DD was home asleep in Jared's bed - of course she didn't find DD right away and Mom hadn't walked in with her, so needless to say she freaked out a bit - she reminds me of this often).
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Doctor.
That concluded my interview but she wanted more questions so I made up a few:
What's your favorite thing to do with Grandpa? Go to the park.
What's your favorite thing to do with Gigi? Play games on Christmas.
Favorite thing to wear? Snoopy nightgown (Jenna's hand-me-down); her black boots
Then she told me to ask her who does she like to snuggle with, so I did, and she said: Mama and Gigi!

I don't know if I've said where the name "Gigi" came from, which of course refers to Grandma. DD would call her Gram-Grams, which Jared picked up on and used until it got shortened to GG...and once when Mom signed a card I noticed it was "Gigi" instead of GG - she had to add her own flair.

One last thing about Julia: she loves to mismatch her socks; rarely will you see her with two of the same socks on unless its for school ;-)

Addendum:
Birthday Girl, after her dinner at the Nickel
(and after her shower in her new BD nightgown).
There really were only 6 candles on this cake,
although my phone camera made it appear to be a small fire. 



No comments:

Post a Comment