Monday, May 20, 2013

A Fun, and Productive, Weekend

Thursday night was Julia's softball pics followed by her first game. She had a lot of fun and looked adorable out there on the field, and was enthusiastic to go after the ball and throw it in to the pitcher whenever she could. At this age, their coach pitches to them a certain number of times and if they don't hit it, they can hit off the tee, which is nice.

Headed to softball pics. I didn't realize she would have a ball cap
instead of a visor, so we quickly had to re-do hair :) 

Julia & Sophia before their first little league game. 

A beautiful sky during the game; we thought we might get rained out but made it through. 

Friday night was Jenna's first game. I guess I didn't get any pics of her but I will. This is the first year that the kids pitch (a certain number of times, and then the coach can pitch). That in itself is kind of a big deal since the kids are just learning to pitch, and the batters really have to watch to choose good pitches to bat at. This year they also do outs at 3 strikes, and 3 outs to an inning. In the past, every player has gotten to bat each inning; at the game Jenna's team had 3 outs before she had a chance to bat and I'm not sure she knew what to think about that - didn't seem too happy about it. So, overall it's just a whole new ballgame this year for Jenna. I hope she continues to enjoy it; she is a good little player. Oh also new this year - stealing bases. Seriously, a whole new ballgame.

Friday night after the game I took the girls to see the KHS production of Cinderella. Margaret's brother played one of the stepsisters and the girls really got a kick out of that.

Saturday was a busy day. Our house had been neglected for too long and was pretty much a pit, so I stayed home to clean house while Jeremy took the girls to Opening Ceremonies, followed by another ballgame for Julia. After that I took Jenna to her friend Noah's birthday party at Leisure World and then met Jeremy and Julia for lunch at DQ. Early evening we went out to our friends Chris and Kathryn's for their son's HS graduation party. The girls immediately made friends and played all night long; Jared wanted to keep to himself and was mostly bored all night, though he did perk up when s'mores were made around the campfire. It was a beautiful evening and beautiful countryside to enjoy and it was nice for Jeremy and I to get to sit and visit with friends.

I don't know what got into Jeremy on Sunday, but I'm certainly  not complaining. Actually I'm encouraging him to keep up the good work! He potted the flower Jenna gave me for Mother's Day, vacuumed out the window sills (I did get to visit with Jamie Magers Saturday night about our windows and roof; he is going to get estimates for us and although I don't see how we can do it financially right now, I'm still hopeful we can get that done), mowed the yard, took the girls to the park, helped with supper....it was great! I wonder what he wants in return?
My Mother's Day flower from Jenna. I brought it to work today  as Jersey kept messing with it.
(That's my plant from Julia on Mother's Day last year in the background). 

More Sunday - I worked for a while on switching out the girls' summer and winter clothes; Jenna helped me a lot with that. I still have to go through my closet and Jared's. I pulled out things that were too small for Julia and got all her new birthday clothes put away, plus I washed up a whole tote of hand-me-downs from Jenna - a whole new wardrobe for Julia! I then had to work for the trucking business quite a while but managed to get a pork loin in the oven which Jeremy finished up by baking the potatoes and dishing up plates. I did get a big lettuce salad ready earlier in the day and got strawberries cleaned and sliced up for the kids. The kids played outside quite a bit and Jared also had a friend over for a while. We finished the night up with manicures and pedicures for the girls on the front porch (I wonder if Aunt Tiffy knows that Julia tells me she is getting a "pedicure and massage" when Aunt Tiffy comes in July?). Jeremy and Jared had been tracking the weather all day and it looked like we were in for some storms. Right after Julia fell asleep, Jeremy got the girls both up and made us head over to Dee's basement. A pretty strong thunderstorm came through, but that was about the extent of it; a tornado watch was in effect and a tornado warning for Schuyler. We finally got to to go back home (in the rain) around 10:00. Julia was a little scared so she slept with us. Unfortunately it sounds like we could have more tonight, so Jeremy will have another sleepless night. This time of year is when we really wish for a home with a basement. The girls both have games tonight if they don't get rained out, plus dance. The recital is coming up on June 1; I think everyone will be glad for dance to be done for a while. Thursday is the kids' last day of school. This weekend will be another busy one with two graduation parties (Tyson Grgurich and Parker Osborn), ballgames, and hopefully I'll get more done at home. I want to finish the closets and clean up and clean out the garage; also will have to get things ready for a yard sale, proceeds to benefit New Year's in Nashville! No big plans for Memorial Day yet. Grandma and Grandpa did make it home safely from Chattanooga last night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment