Monday, April 22, 2013

Lil Sluggers

We had a great weekend. It was of course filled with laundry, housework, grocery shopping, etc., But in between, we had fun. Friday after work I ran a few errands as I'm starting to make plans for Julia's birthday party. Jeremy made spaghetti so I didn't have to worry about cooking, which was nice.

#LittleLeague
Saturday, both girls had their first softball practice. This is Julia's first year to play and man, was she adorable out there on that field. We could not find Jenna's bat anywhere that I bought her last summer; I have no idea where it could be since its not in any logical place. She had to use her old t-ball bat. Jenna's practice was at 1:00 and Julia's was at 4:00, so in between we shopped at Hibbett's (Jenna got a nice new bat. Again.). Then we went for a snack at McDonalds - chocolate shakes for Jenna and I; grilled chicken wrap for Jewels, who hadn't eaten lunch yet. We brought Jeremy a shake too since he was meeting us on the field. We had forgotten Jenna's old ball glove for Julia so I had to drop the girls off then run home. After not finding it, I ran to Wal-Mart to buy her one. [Found the old glove yesterday in a box of toys in the garage - Murphy's Law.] After Julia's practice, Jeremy, the girls and I stayed another hour to play. Jeremy pitched and I alternated between catcher and outfield. The girls would hit and run the bases; it was a very pretty evening. I picked up Jared after as he'd spent the day with Conner and Matthew, then a pizza for an easy dinner.

I *LOVE*. 

Jenna the Pro in action. 
That's a seriously cute batter, and a SERIOUS (and cute) catcher!



Sunday I had to take Jenna to mom's house to print some things for her Hawaii poster for school since my color printer isn't working. (I also printed a few of Tiffany and Melissa's photos taken in Hawaii for Jenna to use). I am going to get Gracye's old dollhouse for mom's house so while Jenna was printing, Julia helped me pack up the miscellaneous toys that are there to make room for the dollhouse; that will be the only toy there now other than a few puzzles. Julia put together one of the puzzles and left it out as her "calling card" for Mom to see when she gets back from Washington. My calling card was vacuuming and taking out some trash. The girls and I then got groceries; Jared of course was with his buddies again but he was home when we got there - another helper to carry in groceries! After putting the groceries away, the kids and I headed to the ball park as I wanted to get some pics of Julia for her softball party invitation. We had our little photo shoot while the big kids played ball; Julia was a good little model but ready to hit the playground when we were done. Jeremy brought us a fried chicken picnic from Hy-Vee that we all enjoyed at the shelter picnic area where Julia's party will be. After dinner it was more playing.
Love her!

FIERCE. 


Her "tough girl" face.

One of my favs from the day. 

Love her, she's such a rock star. 

Another fav, with her ponytails blowing in the wind. 

Dancing around between shots. 



It was a beautiful evening and the whole family had fun together - I love it :) 


Soon it is going to get hectic juggling both girls' practices and games, and the Missouri heat will likely be unrelenting at times, but for now we are enjoying Spring's late arrival with our gloves and bats.



No comments:

Post a Comment