Friday, February 15, 2013

Banter


 So when my sisters, mom and I email or text each other, we basically sound just as we do when having a conversation in person. Thought I should post this email exchange between Tiffy and I because our bantering cracks me up. Not to mention that the subject, appropriately, is this blog.  First I want to add that Julia decided to give up Sprite for Lent (this is her vice that she doesn't get very often,  but Grandpa usually comes through for her). Also - so far so good on me staying away from chocolate; even though it is only Day 3, this is still a feat for me. My lovely husband forgot my declaration and got me my favorite candy bar (PB Twix) for Valentine's Day yesterday. Ohhh the temptation. I hid it in a cabinet above the stove so I wouldn't have to look at it. I will probably inhale it on Easter (if I don't forget its up there). 

And just to show an example of one of mom's very funny texts, which are referenced at the end of this email exchange, I must record for posterity the text we got from her yesterday, in which she channels Pepe le Pew. OK kids before you ask who Pepe is (pronounced Pep-ay, stay with me), he's a classic Looney Tunes character - a French skunk always in pursuit of l'amour: 

Happy Valentine's Day mon cheries! Le pant...le pew....love, 

And the love, - with no signature is one of mom's classic moves. She used to send us cards or write us notes, sign off with "love," and then forget to write "Mom". Now we do it on purpose as an ode to Muthern (that's one of her monikers, created by Tiffy I think, along with "The Mothership," created by Melissa I think, "Gigi," created by my kids, and "Grams," created by DD. Oh and then there's Betta Chedda Cheese Woman that I somehow invented as a kid. She answers to them all, but I digress).   

And one last thing to share. The girls don't have school today so they are spending the day with Gigi. On the way to her house this morning, Jenna said "I love spending time at Grandma's house. There's just something about it. And I love when she comes to stay with us at our house too. She's nice and funny and wise." Awww...

Now for the email: 

Sara Grgurich <grgfam5@gmail.com>
Feb 14 (1 day ago) to Mom, Tiffany, Meli
"Okay Here's The Deal!" - Julia has been known to walk into a room and start a conversation like this, more of an announcement usually on her part than a conversation. I decided to start my email like this. HA!
Now that I have your attention, I'm just sharing that I started a "blog". Its not a blog per se in that I'm contributing any real food for thought or entertainment or witty writing. I've been writing things down (pencil and notebook yo) that the kids say or do that are funny and also write about the things we do, like holidays, trips, etc. And I do good for a while and then don't write for 6 months. This is just a dedicated place I can go to jot down goings-on in our life, even and probably most especially, the mundane things that comprise everyday life. The  main purpose is so the kids can go back and read it when they're older and want to "look back". Of course they will have a million photo albums they can look at. But I've decided to add words.
It is actually more of a diary and as such, it’s quite boring. After making a few posts I realize I tend to ramble on. I don't think it will be necessarily interesting reading, or expect that you'uns would want to keep up with it on a regular basis, but sharing in case you want to look at it sometime. Actually, when I put something on there I really want you to see, I will let you know so you can go look at those times.
So I'm just sayin'.
http://familypictureshow.blogspot.com/
I wrote something in the first post about wanting to remember how we played the music scored for our five voices, which led to the title, Quintet Vignette because, get it? Quintet = a group with five members. Vignette = a picture with no definite line or border, as in we're still growing, don't know where our story/lives will go.
Also I've noticed I tend to mostly take pics on special occasions anymore, need to get back to taking some in everyday life so maybe this will prompt me.
love sotes

Davis, Tiffany C (TIFFANY)
Feb 14 (1 day ago) to me, Mom, Meli
OMG I looooooove it!
I’ve been DYING to have you do this, and for god sake PLEASE continue writing in it, especially the Grgism’s that come out of the mouths of those babes. I love the layout and have found my new reading material, hip hip, HOORAY!!
And I LOVE the titles of the posts, hmm mm.
This is VERY exciting toots. Thanks for sharing!
 And FYI,  I DIED when I read this “Jeremy would sing along to Garth Brooks' rendition of "Shameless" but sing "I'm shaveless" instead”
 Rofl!!
AND I LOVE THE NAME!!!!
Ok I’ll stop shouting now
Sara Grgurich <grgfam5@gmail.com>
Feb 14 (1 day ago) to Tiffany, Mom, Meli
BAHA!! ThanksToots! I am glad that I have a place I can just go and type real fast when they say something funny because now that I've filled one notebook up, these things just get jotted on various pieces of scrap paper and lay on my desk until I can figure out somewhere to shove them. Now I have a place. ;-)
Davis, Tiffany C (TIFFANY)
Feb 14 (1 day ago) to me, Mom, Meli
This is the greatest gift you can give them, this blog. I love it. I’ve commented on two of them already LOL. I love how you’re serious and insightful but then also funny. You can do entries where it’s just a short funny, like what you share with us in email or text, you HAVE GOT to get some of their funnies written down.
Jenna “I don’t want to go to Juvy!”
 Julia: “okay here’s the deal”
 Jared’s reaction to you singing the Mizzou fight song.
 Julia woo’ing Todd into buying her a vacuum. LOL!!

I could just go on and on. LOL.
 Jared and DD calling Mom, “grams”
 Jewels fascination with the biebs. (aka Justin Bieber) LOL

Sara Grgurich <grgfam5@gmail.com>
2:24 PM (22 hours ago) to Tiffany, Mom, Meli
LOL! Exactly! OK I remember Jared's reaction to me singing cracked me up but I can't remember what it was! See why I have to write this stuff down?! I can't remember anything. I may have actually written that one somewhere. I was also thinking that this will help them get to know me from another perspective. I mean, obviously, they know me. But right now they know me 37 years old from their current perspective (children)....may be interesting for them to read from their adult perspectives one day. Yeah that makes no sense, but you know what I'm sayin'. Like if we could know what mom was thinking during this age in her life...
Davis, Tiffany C (TIFFANY)
2:54 PM (22 hours ago) to me, Mom, Meli
Muthren! Write a blog!
 Bahahaha
 She doesn’t even read mine, I don’t think she has time to write one of her own. WE should start writing down what she says. She’s been cracking me up all day today (text)
 FYI her motto is: drumroll
“Silver threads and golden needles”
 I LOVE IT. And she came up with that all on her own. She’s a big girl now!
(lol)
 Sara Grgurich <grgfam5@gmail.com>
3:26 PM (21 hours ago) to Tiffany, Meli, Mom
Mom is definitely funniest texter ever! Been hearing about her motto and wondering what she is up to! Perfect for her ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm DYING re-reading this, this little blog is gonna be FUNNNNNN

    ReplyDelete